Show All Answers
LINK+ is a consortium of more than 50 public and academic libraries in California and Nevada that enables you to search its catalog and borrow member libraries' books and media.
If a book is unavailable at any of the Peninsula Library System libraries, you can request it from another LINK+ member library for delivery to the Menlo Park Public Library with your Menlo Park Public Library card.
The service is free.
You may have a total of 25 items requested from the regular catalog or LINK+ at one time. You may check out a maximum of 50 items which includes items from Link+ and from Peninsula Library system.
Most items are received 4 to 7 days after the request is placed.
The library will call or email you when your item arrives. Once a LINK+ requested item has shipped, you can track the request through your regular Menlo Park Public Library card account.
Books and other items which can be borrowed for 3 weeks are held 10 days for you to pick up. DVDs, CDs, and other items which can be borrowed for 7 days are held 5 days for you to pick up.
LINK+ books are checked out for 21 days with the possibility of one renewal. Most media items (Books-on-CD, Books-on MP3, DVDs, CDs, etc.) are checked out for 7 days with no renewal.
Most Link+ books will be renewed once through the automatic renewal program one day prior to the due date if they are not in demand. If you have opted out of the automatic renewal program, renewals can be made online, through the online catalog. Most media items cannot be renewed.
All LINK+ items will be held at the Information Desk of the Library for which you requested pick-up. Library staff will pull your item and check it out for you. LINK+ items cannot be checked out on the self-checkout machines.
All LINK+ items must be returned to staff at the Information Desk. Please hand Link+ items directly to a library staff person at the desk. Returning Link+ items to any other library or in the book drop may result in late charges.
The overdue charge for a LINK+ item is $1 per day up to a maximum of $10 per item. The charge is $115 per item if you lose or damage a LINK+ book. Customers who lose a LINK+ item should contact Accounts at the Menlo Park Library by phoning at 650-330-2501.
• Once you determine that an item is not available from the Menlo Park Public Library catalog, click on “LINK+” from our web catalog. You can also access the LINK+ catalog directly. • Enter your search. When you locate the item in the LINK+ catalog, click the “Request” button.
• You will be asked, “With which institution are you affiliated?” Click the down arrow, select “Menlo Park Public Library”, and click the “Submit above information” button.
• Enter your name (first and last), your library card number (all 14 digits).
• Select your pick-up location (Menlo Park - Main Library, Menlo Park – Belle Haven) and click the “Submit” button. You will see a confirmation message that your request was placed. Link+ Catalog
• Log in to your library account.
• Click on “HOLDS” to see if your items are ready to be picked up.
Most Link+ books will be renewed once through the automatic renewal program one day prior to the due date if they are not in demand. If you have opted out of the automatic renewal program, renewals can be made online, through the online catalog using the following steps:
• Click on “Checked Out”. Your checked out items will be listed.
• Select the item(s) you wish to renew by checking the box beside the title. You cannot renew items any sooner than 3 days before and no later than 2 days after the original due date.
• Click the “Renew Selected” button. This does not automatically renew your item(s) but rather forwards a renewal request to the loaning library on your behalf. You must check your LINK+ account at a later date to see if the renewal request has been approved.
• The item you’ve requested to be renewed will have one of these statuses: 1. A New Due Date – Your renewal has been approved. 2. Renewal Pending - Your request is still in process. Please check again at a later date. 3. Renewal Denied - Your renewal request was not approved. Please return the item(s) by the original due date to avoid the $1 per day overdue fee.
Note: It may take several minutes for the LINK+ software to confirm your renewal. LINK+ items may not be renewed more than once, nor may they be renewed if someone else has requested them.
• Click on “HOLDS”.
• Check the “Cancel” box next to the title of the request you want to cancel.
• Click on the “Cancel” button to activate the cancellation.
Note: You cannot cancel a request that has been received or is in transit.