Form Center

By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.

Water Connection Application

  1. IMPORTANT NOTE: Before submitting a Water Connection Application, the applicant must read the Water Connection Guidelines.

    The applicant shall:

    • Complete and submit the Water Connection Application below.
    • Attach a copy of the stamped and approved Menlo Park Fire Protection District plans.

    The City shall review the application and plans submitted, and the following steps will occur:

    • The City will begin the process of determining appropriate fees for the requested connections.
    • If the water service line will be replaced, the owner shall hire a Class A contractor to perform the work within the public right of way. The contractor shall obtain an encroachment permit and fulfill all permitting requirements with the City.
    • Once fees are determined, the City will send a fee invoice to the applicant for payment.
    • The applicant shall pay the fee at City Hall (address below). Bring a copy of the fee invoice with you.

    City of Menlo Park
    City Hall (front counter)
    701 Laurel St., Menlo Park, CA 94025
    Front counter: Deposit to 601-370-34901

    Once we receive payment, the City will authorize the work and provide applicable contact information.

  2. I have read and understood Water Connection Guidelines*
  3. Type of service (select one)*
  4. Residential fire service - applicant will install (select one)*
  5. If you will be replacing the service line between the water main and meter*
  6. For more information regarding this application, please contact Menlo Park Municipal Water.
  7. Notes

    Backflow prevention assemblies must be installed per City Standards, tested by a certified Backflow Prevention Tester on the San Mateo County Environmental Health Services' list of Certified Backflow Prevention Testers, and affixed with a County tag upon successful testing. For more information, please contact San Mateo County Environmental Health Services at 650-372-6200 or

    Prior to initiating water service, the owner must test all backflow prevention assemblies and submit passing test results to Menlo Park Municipal Water.

  8. Leave This Blank:

  9. This field is not part of the form submission.