What fees are required for an ADU?

An ADU is considered a new single-family residence from a building code perspective and there are a number of plan check and technical report fees that may apply depending on site conditions in given geographic regions of the City, as well as whether the ADU is proposed as a detached, attached or interior ADU. ADUs 750 square feet or smaller in size are exempt from impact fees for the City, although school impact fees may apply. The building pre-application (BPA) record type through our online permit portal is active. Prospective applicants can create a BPA through the online services webpage and email the Permit Team with questions regarding all the fees and the process for their specific proposal. The Sequoia Union School District can be reached by phone at 650-369-1411 ext. 22203 with questions regarding school impact fees.

Show All Answers

1. Which properties qualify as a lot with a single-family residence?
2. Which properties qualify as a lot with an existing multi family building?
3. Do ADUs count toward floor area and building coverage limits?
4. Is an ADU an accessory building?
5. Can I convert an existing accesory building into an ADU?
6. Can I convert my attached garage/carport into an ADU?
7. Do I need to provide parking for my ADU?
8. Can I rent out my ADU?
9. Is there a daylight plane requirement for ADUs?
10. Will my property taxes increase with an ADU?
11. What fees are required for an ADU?