The final alternatives of the Ravenswood Avenue Railroad Crossing study were presented to the City Council at their regular meeting on Tuesday, May 8, 2018, at 7 p.m. At that regular meeting, City Council approved the following motion:
- Move forward with Alternative A which provides for an underpass crossing at Ravenswood Avenue and keeps Oak Grove, Glenwood and Encinal Avenues open to all modes of traffic as existing
- Appropriate $31,000 from the undesignated fund balance to complete the project
- Authorize the City Manager to amend the agreement with AECOM
With this direction, the Project Study Report (PSR) can be completed including 15% design plans and the City can move forward into the environmental studies and preliminary engineering design phase.
On May 8, 2018, City Council also provided general direction to staff to bring back the following additional items at a future meeting:
- Letters to Palo Alto, Atherton, Redwood City, Mountain View and Sunnyvale to request consideration of a multi-city trench or tunnel
- Letter to Caltrain to request a bicycle/pedestrian path adjacent to the rail within Caltrain right-of-way
- Additional scope of work and appropriation request to prepare (1) a financial assessment of a trench/tunnel; (2) a conceptual design, noise, tree, and visual impact assessment of a fully elevated alternative
The agenda and staff report can be found on the City’s webpage. A video of the meeting can also be found on the City’s webpage. Please visit the project webpage for more information about the project and information from previous public meetings.