Residents are encouraged to be proactive and prepare their homes and their families for the storm:
- Clear debris including leaves and vegetation from gutters and drains.
- Secure loose outdoor objects including decorations, patio furniture, etc.
- Motorists are urged to slow down and drive with caution during and after heavy rains due to wet conditions, potential roadway flooding and possible debris in the road.
City staff, including Police and Public Works department personnel, will be monitoring the storm and available to respond to flooding and other weather-related emergencies.
Resources and contacts
Pacific Gas & Electric
If you smell natural gas, see downed powerlines, or suspect another emergency situation, leave the area immediately and then call 9-1-1 or PG&E at:
- 24-hour Customer Service Line: 800-PGE-5000
- 24-hour Power Outage Line: 800-PGE-5002
Report street flooding and obstructions
Please report any street flooding or obstructions by calling the City at 650-330-6300.
Latest weather updates
For information on weather conditions, visit the National Weather Service webpage at www.weather.gov/monterey