On Tuesday, November 29, 2016, the Menlo Park City Council will hear public comment on the proposed introduction of an ordinance to adopt the 2016 California Building Standards Code and Local Amendments; Amend Municipal Code Chapter 12.42; Amend Municipal Code Chapter 12.48; and Adopt New Municipal Chapter 12.56. The regular meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. and will be held at the City Council Chambers, 701 Laurel Street, Menlo Park.
The proposed ordinance includes the following:
- Adoption of 2016 California Building Standards Code Parts 1, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11 and 12 and local amendments
- Flood Damage Prevention Requirement
- Recycling and Salvaging of Construction and Demolition Debris
- Standards for Grading and Excavation (Part 2 CBC Appendix J)
- Local Administrative Authority (Part 2 CBC Chapter 1 Division II)
- The Type of Work Exempt from Building Permits (Part 2.5)
- The use of a single-pass cooling system (Part 5)
- Permitting Process For Small Residential Rooftop Solar Systems
Please contact Ron La France, Assistant Community Development Director/Building Official, at (650) 330-6704 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments.
Si usted necesita más información sobre este proyecto, por favor llame al 650-330-6704, y pregunte por un asistente que hable español.