COVID-19 recovery: Menlo Park plans for reopening
Last year, we closed facilities to protect public health during the COVID-19 pandemic. Essential city services like public safety, emergency maintenance and child care continued in-person. Most other city services changed format to virtual, online and curbside pickup.
Join the millions of Californians now vaccinated. Do it for yourself, your family and your community. Safe, free, and effective COVID-19 vaccines are available to everyone age 12 and up. Let’s end this pandemic. Visit MyTurn.CA.gov.
As vaccinations rise, Menlo Park prepares to expand access to city services and facilities. Check out our 4-phase reopening plan for the next 4-6 months (partial list):
- July 1 – Picnic area reservations
- July 6 – Main Library and Belle Haven Branch library
- July 6 – Police lobby
- July 12 – Senior meals and services at Arrillaga Family Recreation Center and Main Library
- Aug. 2021 – Indoor classes and programs for children, youth, people with special needs
- Aug. 2021 – Small-scale special event permits
- Sept. 2021 – Indoor classes and programs for the general population
- Sept. 2021 – Indoor public meetings (City Council and advisory bodies)
- Sept. 2021 – Indoor gymnasium access
- Oct. 2021 – City Hall general public access
- Nov. 2021 – Indoor gymnastics
- Dec. 2021 – Large-scale special events
- Dec. 2021 – Indoor facility rentals
- Dec. 2021 – All other indoor access
All dates are tentative and subject to change. More details about specific operating hours and safety precautions to be announced. Get the latest at menlopark.org/reopening.