Posted on August 16, 2021 at 7:59 pm by Clay Curtin
HIP Housing, which stands for Human Investment Project Housing, is a nonprofit organization based in San Mateo that has specialized in affordable and creative housing solutions in San Mateo County. Each year, HIP Housing helps 1,400 people find housing or keep their homes through our Home Sharing and Self Sufficiency Programs as well as through housing units we own and manage.
Each year, HIP Housing hosts a calendar art contest for children in Kindergarten–Grade 5. Since 2001, the calendar has brought warmth to thousands of homes and educates the community about HIP Housing’s affordable housing programs. Three thousand calendars are printed and distributed throughout the community annually. Children draw a picture of a home and writes a quote about “what home means to me.” The calendar has become a community favorite!
- Participants must be in grades K–5 in San Mateo County.
- Children must draw and color a picture of a home and submit a quote on what home means to them.
- The drawing must cover a 8.5 x 11 white piece of horizontal paper.
- Write your child’s name on the back of their drawing.
- Complete the entry form.
- Only one entry per person.
- Mail or deliver entries to:
HIP Housing – Calendar Contest
800 S Claremont St., #210
San Mateo, CA 94402
For more information view the guidelines and prizes information for the 2022 calendar contest webpage. The deadline to submit the drawings is Monday, September 20, 2021.