Posted on March 27, 2020 at 6:49 pm by Clay Curtin
Staying at least 6 feet from one another in social settings is one of the most important ways we can protect ourselves from COVID-19.
San Mateo County Health Officer Dr. Scott Morrow issued a statement March 23, reinforcing to the community that we need to avoid contact with one another. “Now more than ever, what I need for you to do is fully follow my recommendations' advice and orders, unite as a community, come to each other’s aid, and let kindness, compassion, and gratitude guide your actions...We are in a grave crisis. I believe the virus is growing at an exponential rate in our county."
Please, do not:
- Gather in any way outside of immediate households
- Travel outside of your immediate neighborhood, unless absolutely necessary for essential activities
- Drive anywhere, except for essential activities
Things that are encouraged:
- Exercise in your home and in your immediate neighborhood
- Only drive to things that are an absolutely essential service
- Call a friend, instead of visiting them physically
- Always maintain social distancing
- Wash your hands frequently
- Volunteer in your community
- Donate to SMCStrong
For more information and to view the full health officer statement, visit the San Mateo County Health website.