Posted on May 6, 2019 at 8:16 pm by Clay Curtin
Are you waiting for the perfect opportunity to update your refrigerator or freezer? Now is your chance to receive $35 for recycling your used and working refrigerator or freezer! Peninsula Clean Energy
created a refrigerator recycling program to encourage any San Mateo County residents to upgrade their household appliances to ENERGY STAR products and to save money on their electric bills. For example, 15 years and older refrigerators consume, on average, twice as much energy as a new ENERGY STAR fridge.
For more information, please call 888-646-2196 or visit the Peninsula Clean Energy website to schedule a free pickup.
- Applicants must be San Mateo County residents
- Refrigerator/freezer must be in working/cooling condition, empty, and clean at the time of pickup
- Refrigerator/freezer must be standard household size (between 10 and 30 cubic feet)
- Refrigerator/freezer must be at least 10 years old
- Applicants must own the unit(s) being recycled
- Two units maximum per household per calendar year
- $35 rebate check per unit will be mailed four to six weeks after pickup
- First-come, first-served basis until funding is spent