1. Infeasibility exception shall include the following explanation:
2. Cost-effectiveness exception shall include the following explanation (See Attachment A for full description on applying specific cost effectiveness methodology):
3. The following guidance will be used to determine the building official decision making. In determining whether there is good cause for granting the exception, the building official shall give consideration to the following:
1. That cooking with all-electric stoves creates a hardship for the business. Financial difficulties and loss of prospective profits are not hardships to justify an exception.
2. That an exception is necessary for the business purpose. Explain why the cooking with a gas fuel source cannot be achieved by an electric fuel source
3. That the granting of the exception will not significantly increase greenhouse gas emissions. Explain how greenhouse gas emissions will be mitigated if the exception is granted. If a mitigation measure requires going back to the planning commission for approval due to a redesign, it will not be considered viable.
4. If exception is granted, pre-wiring is mandatory. Refer to Note 1 in the Ordinance No. 1057.