- 389 El Camino Real Project - An approved construction of 26 residential units on 1.23 acres between College Avenue and Partridge Avenue on El Camino Real. This project is not yet under construction.
- 555 Glenwood Avenue Project - An approved conversion of an existing senior citizens retirement living center into a limited-service, business-oriented hotel in the SP-ECR/D (El Camino Real/Downtown Specific Plan) zoning district. This project is not yet under construction.
El Camino Real Project - An approved construction of 110,065 square feet of commercial space near downtown and the Menlo Park Caltrain station. The property was rezoned from C-4 (General Commercial, Applicable to El Camino Real) to P-D (Planned Development). This project is not yet under construction.
El Camino Real - Approved construction of a 26,800
square foot commercial building and 16 residential units. This project under construction.
El Camino Real Project - An approved project to demolish an existing one-story, 6,875 square-foot commercial building (formerly Gaylords Restaurant) and construct a new two-story, 10,166 square-foot office building for medical/dental office use and the related site improvements. This project is under construction.
- Facebook Campus Project - This is a two phased project inclusive of the East Campus and the West Campus. The East Campus is located at 1 Hacker Way, is approximately 56.9 acres in size and developed with nine buildings totaling approximately 1,035,840 square feet. The West Campus is located at 312 and 313 Constitution Drive and is approximately 22 acres in size. Facebook has approvals to demolish the two existing structures and subsequently construct an approximately 433,555 square foot building on top of surface parking. The West Campus is not yet under construction.
- Menlo Gateway Project (Bohannon Hotel-Office) (100-190 Independence Drive & 101-155 Constitution
Drive) - An approved General Plan Amendment and Rezoning to
enable the construction of approximately 694,726 square feet of
office, a 235-room hotel, fitness center, cafe/restaurant, and
associated commercial facilities on two sites located near the
US-101/Marsh Road interchange. This project is not yet under construction.
and 175 Linfield Drive - An approved construction
of 56 new residential units.
- Arrillaga Family Gymnasium - A new 26,900 square-foot gymnasium between the Burgess Recreation Center and Alma Street.
- Burgess Gymnastics Center - An approved demolition of the existing gymnasium and gymnastics center and the reconstruction of a new gymnastics facility in its place.
Middlefield Road - An approved conversion of an existing
general office building to a medical office use.
Willow Road - An approved construction of 32 new
- 2550 Sand Hill Road Project - The applicant is proposing to demolish an existing one-story, 31,470 square-foot building (formerly a convalescent hospital) and construct a new two-story, 23,190 square-foot non-medical office building and the related site improvements.
Sand Hill Road - An approved construction of a 165,000-square-foot
hotel facility and a 100,000-square-foot office complex
adjacent to the Sand Hill Road/I-280 interchange.
Willow Road - An approved construction of 12 new
Arts Guild (75 Arbor Road)- The First Amended
Allied Arts Guild Preservation Permit regulates the uses
and operations of the Allied Arts Guild. The Permit was
approved by the City Council on September 19, 2006, and it is supplemented by the Parking, Shuttle, and Delivery Plan [1.6 MB].
Avenue Park and Housing Development (507-555 Hamilton
Avenue) - An approved residential project for
47 single-family homes on approximately 5.2 acres, with
a central public park of approximately one acre.
Development Project (525 El Camino Real) - An appoved
construction of a new grocery store and additional retail
Mixed-Use Project (550-580 Oak Grove Avenue &
540-570 Derry Lane) - A proposed construction of 108 condo units and 24,925 square feet of commercial space near downtown and the Menlo Park Caltrain station. This project is no longer active, but information is provided for reference.
Zoning Ordinance Update (CZOU) - The City
considered a comprehensive update of the commercial
use categories and regulations in the Zoning Ordinance. This project is no longer active, but information is provided for reference.
to Project Updates