Notice of Preparation - December 8, 2009
Draft EIR Release - April 29, 2011
Draft EIR Public Hearing - June 6, 2011
Draft EIR Comment Deadline - June 20, 2011
Final EIR Release - April 19, 2012
Comments received on the Draft EIR are posted on the Draft EIR Comments sub-page.
Environmental analysis of projects like a specific plan is required by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). For more information about CEQA, please see the CERES CEQA page.
This page provides information about the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) associated with the El Camino Real/Downtown Specific Plan. For more information about the overall project, please see the main El Camino Real/Downtown Specific Plan page.
The Final EIR was released April 19, 2012 and certified by the City Council on June 5, 2012. Electronic files are available below, and hard copies are available for review at the Community Development Department and the Main Library, 701 Laurel Street.
- June 5, 2012 Version (with changes accepted)
- April 19, 2012 Version (with changes tracked)
The Draft EIR was released April 29, 2011. Electronic files are available below, and hard copies are available for review at the Community Development Department and the Main Library, 701 Laurel Street. A limited number of hard copies are also still available upon request.
- Full Document
- Individual Chapters
All files less than 1 MB in size unless otherwise noted.
The public review period for the Draft EIR was from May 5, 2011 to June 20, 2011. Comments received on the Draft EIR are posted on the Draft EIR Comments sub-page.
The Planning Commission held a public hearing on the Draft EIR on June 6, 2011. For more information on this meeting, please see the following:
During June 2011, staff also made informational presentations to the Bicycle, Environmental Quality, Housing, Parks and Recreation, and Transportation Commissions. More information about these sessions is available on the respective Commission agendas.
The close of the Draft EIR public review period will be followed by meetings of the Planning Commission and City Council to review and provide direction on the Draft Specific Plan itself.
The Notice of Preparation (NOP) is an initial step to inform members of the public that an EIR is going to be prepared.
- Notice of Preparation - Published December 8, 2009
- Scoping Session - City Council Meeting
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
- Comments (note: the following correspondence was submitted during the NOP review period, although letters do not necessarily specifically relate to the environmental analysis)
- Lee Boucher - January 5, 2010
- Don Brawner - January 8, 2010
- California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) - January 26, 2010
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) - January 14, 2010
- California Public Utilities Commission - January 13, 2010
- Margaret Carney - December 14, 2009
- Margaret Carney - January 8, 2010
- Nancy Couperus - January 7, 2010
- Jo Eggers - January 8, 2010
- Robert and Diana Ekedahl - December 15, 2009
- Patti Fry - December 15, 2009
- Dave Fundakowski - December 14, 2009
- Tim Goode - January 8, 2010
- Denise Krane - December 14, 2009
- Aldora Lee - January 7, 2010
- Bob and Susan Mascall - December 13, 2009
- Barbara Mason - December 13, 2009
- Menlo Park Live Oak Lions Club - January 8, 2010
- Margaret Petitjean - December 15, 2009
- Henry Riggs - December 15, 2009
- Barbara Seaney - December 15, 2009
- Kay Slocum - December 13, 2009
to El Camino Real/Downtown Visioning and Planning Process updates