On April 27, 1948, the Menlo Park
City Council voted to rename Menlo Recreation Park, located
at Middle Avenue west of El Camino Real. The park was renamed
Nealon Recreation Park in honor of James J. Nealon.
Mr. Nealon was the chairman of the San
Mateo County Youth Activity Committee. After retiring in Menlo
Park after 48 years in the U.S. Custom Service in San Francisco,
Mr. Nealon worked tirelessly to provide local boys with athletic
opportunities including basketball and baseball.
Nealon Park is by far one of the City's
most popular destinations with activities available for all.
Based on the recreation master plan, Measure
"T" Improvements are now complete.